The third biennial meeting of the iEMSs aims to be a Summit on Environmental Modelling and Software. We think the time is right to propose such an ambitious scope to the meeting and for this reason we seek research contributions from environmental modellers and software developers and users.
The aims are:
The themes will include:
- To enhance sustainability outcomes and decision processes by
- Establishing the state-of-the-art in Environmental Modelling and Software theory and practice for integrated assessment and management
- To identify research needs for advancing the requisite knowledge base and tools
- To initiate and consolidate research partnerships for systematic studies that acquire, capture and generate knowledge platforms
Being a Summit, the structure will favour interactions and discussion. The conference will contain a number of thematic workshops that will be run in parallel to traditional paper presentation sessions.
- Integrated Modelling
- Adaptive Management
- Decision Making Models and Public Participation
- Decision Support Tools and Software
- Policy and Institutional Analysis
- Ecosystem Management
If you wish to have a better idea about what sessions and workshops are intended to be, please CLICK HERE to visit our Q&A page.